Friday, March 13, 2009

THE TRUE HEART OF A SOLDIER

I made this card with my 2 son in laws in mind. They are both in IRAQ right now and this seemed very fitting. They can be tough when they need to be, but also gentle when they need to me. Please leave me comments and let me know what you think. This main image and the sentiment by Abraham Lincoln is made by Jami Bova at 2RedBananas.com

The American Soldier and the inside stamps are by Close to My Heart.


I used Copic Markers to color the image and Close To my Heart Ink and embossing powder for the white images.
The flag paper is by Provocraft. The rest of the paper was from a military pack. The cardstock is by Stampin Up.
If you have any questions, please email me.

4 comments:

Jami said...

Dianne - this is absolutely gorgeous! I love the desert ACU's! And all the flag papers and stitching are beautiful. My heartfelt thanks and prayers are with your son-in-laws!

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card. The papers along with Jami's image looks really awesome together. And you did such a great job coloring it. (When I tried to do desert fatigues they didn't look nearly that good.)

Maraya said...

WOW! What an awesome card and the coloring is wonderful. Your son-in-laws are going to love their cards!

Teresa said...

wonderful card. I'm sure your son will love it. great detail in the colors.