Monday, June 8, 2009

GONE FISHING

Since it is getting close to Father's Day I figured I should make a card. Most of the men and boys I know like to fish so I thought this would make a nice card. Actually, fishing is a good summer sport for all ages of both girls and boys. There are twelve layers on the front of this card. To me it is a very versatile card that can even be used for birthday, friendship or even a thank you card. I am going to enter it in the My Time to Craft challenge, The Inspirational Card Sketch challenge, Cafe Mojo, One Stop Craft challenge, The Dutch Double Dare challenge, and Lili of the Valley challenge.

I stamped and heat embossed the image, then colored it with copics. I cut out the fish and popped him up. I added crystal effects to the rocks and parts of the water. Then a little stickles.

The inside stamp is a Creative Image stamp. It has also been stamped and heat embossed. I sponged the background paper and used a spica glitter pen to accent.

Thank you for looking and please leave me a comment. If you have any questions, please email me.


16 comments:

Michele said...

Wow! look at all that detail! That's amazing! Gorgeous card!

BezVesla said...

I`m not man, but I like fishing very much! This card is beauteful!

Annelie said...

I´m not a man and I don´t like fishing, but I LOVE this card :) It´s really outstanding!
Greetings from Annelie in Sweden

Liz Weber said...

Wowzers Dianne this card is amazing - look at all the work you put into it - well worth the effort - the card is a FAB male card and I love how you used ICS #19!

Dawn♥ said...

OMG this is breathtaking GORGEOUS Dianne! WOW lots of details to look at and drool! WOW I'm speechless! Fabulous stitching to! Thank you so much for joining ICS and we hope to see you again this week! Have a lovely day1 ;)
♥Dawn♥

Beautiful Greetings said...

Dianne, this is a wonderful card! I absolutely adore that stamp you used on the front. It would be perfect for my father! :)
Great job as usual!

Lesley said...

Lovely card, thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

wendipooh13 said...

such a fun card and love the sewing on it!!! great details... great job with the IC sketch!!!

CraftyC said...

Wow, this is stunning, a gorgeous scene. Thanks for taking part in the ICS and LOTV Challenges
Clairex

Michelle's Daydreams said...

Hi Dianne, I love this card, it reminds me of my dad, he used to love fishing. The colors are so vibrant and inviting. Thank you for stopping by my blog. It's nice to hear from you. :)

cats whiskers said...

Wow thanks fro joining LOTV with such a stunning Ccard
Hugs Jacqui x

Unknown said...

Another awesome card Dianne! You are just so stinkin' talented my friend!
Hugs!

Maggie Bob said...

Great card - it looks almost like a painting!

Thanks for taking part in One Stop Craft Challenge this week!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Hey Dianne, I nominated you for a blog award. Check out this post Friendship Blog Award on my blog. Thanks for your friendship!

Unknown said...

Hey Dianne, I nominated you for a blog award. Check out the post Friendship Blog Award on my blog. Thanks for your friendship!

Linda said...

Great card. We are all about fishing at my house. I love this card.