Tuesday, January 26, 2010

BOOKMARK - TIOT CHALLENGE

Don't you just love this little Sprite? When you see "Aurora" you can't help but smile. She is so happy and full of life. This image is from the "Aurora Collection" by Victoria Case for SCACD.

TheDT was challenged this week to make a bookmark. I have to tell you I really struggled on this one. Maybe, it was a struggle because one of my furbabies (Sierra-large dog-12 years old) is very very sick. I haven't been sleeping well at night, because I listen to her breathing and I get up 3 or 4 times to let her outside. She is having trouble getting her hips up so I have to help her, hopefully, this is because she is weak from the pneumonia. We took her to the Vet Thursday morning and she has pneumonia, but it is a secondary infection to cancer. The cancer has spread in her body and she has severe arthritis. We are taking her back this Friday to see if her lungs are clear. The Dr. will probably take an xray so we can see how far the cancer has spread. We have dog doors so she can come in and out as she pleases except at night we close the doors and she stays inside. She seemed fine until about 2 weeks ago. We didn't even know she had cancer. She was going for 2 walks a day, eating good and acting normal. Anyway, I guess that is enough depressing news.

Now on the my bookmark set. I found this journal, pen, and file folders at Michael's for $1.00 each. I cut one of the files folders for the bookmark. Then, I stamped, colored with Copics, and added Stickles to these two beautiful butterfly stamps by Lockhart, cut them out and put on the bookmark. The little word stamps are from various sets I have in my stash. Sorry, the company name is not on the stamps. I attached two eyelets and the top to run the ribbon through, tied a bow and then I had a finished bookmark.

I am entering this set in the following challenges:

Cupcake Craft Challenge #75 - A Matching Set

Hand Full of Stamps #13 - Swirls, Swirls, Swirls

Charisma Cardz #3 - Fruity Colors

A Spoon Full of Sugar #88 - Freestyle

Saturday Spotlight #15 - Let the Sunshine In


Aurora on the butterfly is colored with Copics. I applied gloss on the body and legs and cut out the image to put on the journal. Oh, I forgot - I used Stickles on the wings.

Please be sure to check out the other DT samples here. They are so super talented and creative, you will enjoy looking and getting new ideas.

Thank you for looking and please come back to visit.

Hugs,

19 comments:

Crystal said...

Oh WOW Dianne FABULOUS projects!!! LOVIN the sparkle and colors!! Thanks so much for the great inspiration!!!!

Christine said...

I love the card, so bright and cheerful!

Sending "hugs" for you and your furbaby.

COCO said...

super !! very nice !!
hugs coco

Sally said...

Awesome card. Great image too. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.

Aud said...

This is so wonderful and cheery! Love the bright colors!

Hugs,
Aud

Vee said...

Stunning set with fabulous image and colours. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee

Allison said...

just fab and so fruity
Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week
AllisonX

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a stunning set Diane!! I just love the cheery colors and your design!! Cute image and great coloring! Awesome take on the Sat. Spotlight challenge too.
hugs,
Chris

Denise @ kc242 said...

Dianne, what a lovely set! Your fairy image is so cute and so well colored. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a lovely comment! Stunning work and it is always a pleasure to see your wonderfully done work!
Denise
Midnight Madness DT

cats whiskers said...

Wow what a stunningprojectthis is love it all especially the colour scheme
Hugs Jacqui x

Shelly said...

Cut set you have here, love the bright colours and cute pixie! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake!
Hugs Shelly ;)

Liza said...

Gorgeous work, just perfect for this week's challenge. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Jodi said...

This is just too cute and fun! I love this image and the way you have colored it too!! So happy!! Thanks for joining us at Saturday Spotlight!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Carolyn said...

Hi Dianne~ Thank you for dropping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment! I have been wanting to come over and visit you here. Just trying to get caught up, and never seem to. You have some very beautiful creations on your blog. You do amazing work! I love how bright and cheerful this set is.
I am sorry to hear about your dog. Hoping for brighter days ahead for you.

Take care!
Carolyn

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Dianne,

SO sorry to read about your dog, it is SO hard as we love them so, praying for you and Sierra. Pretty project - you always do amazing work. Jane

Donna said...

A beautiful matching set for this weeks challenge at Cupcake...great choice of colours and embellies too...thanks for playing along with us this week :) Donna x

The Crafty Den said...

What a beautiful matching set. The image is so cute and your colour scheme is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Unknown said...

Wow how cute is this!!! Thanks so much for sharing and playing along with HFOS.
Trish

Anonymous said...

What a cute set! This would be such a special gift for a friend.
~Pam L.