Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Crazy in Love

Good Morning !! I am crazy in love with the Polar White Flower Soft. It is a different texture than the regular flower soft. Suzanne challenged us this week to use Flower Soft. I kinda went overboard. Join us for TIOT #37.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Creative Card Crew Challenge - Decorate the inside of your card
Papertake Weekly Challenge - faking it -
Paper Blooms Challenge - Bling



I was trying to capture the texture and look of the new Polar White Flower Soft. It looks like real snow. Of course, I had to have more sparkle so I added a little glitter to the Flower Soft.

Before I tell you about the card, I want to tell you about the Bow Easy I purchased from SCACD. It is wonderful. This is the first bow I made with it, you can make a single loop, but I wanted a double loop. Suzanne, our DT leader, has a wonderful video on her blog on how to use it. It is really easy. Best of all, it is only $5.00.

The card is pretty simple because the DP is so busy. The image is a Serendipity Stamp from SCACD. The snowflakes on the DP are embossed and glitzy. The image is heat embossed and colored with Copics. The broom, pockets and star on the birdhouse are colored with Spica glitterpens. The balls and leaves are glossed and a little stickles on the scarf and hat band. The snow flakes are punched with two different MS punches with a rhinestone in the center.

The paper is so pretty I really didn't want to cover it up. If you click on the picture it will enlarge and you can see the tips of the snowflake. Again I used the MS punches. The snowflake was cut with my Cricut.

Please go check out the rest of the DT samples. They are amazing.

Thank you for stopping by. Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think.

Don't forget I will be posting blog candy Sept. 30th and draw on October 10th.

18 comments:

lilscrappers said...

wow, that is wonderful and makes me want to try it! Love the sparkle.

csroyal said...

Nah... not overboard at all, Dianne! This card is perfect and beautifully done!

Penni said...

WOW!!! That polar white Flower Soft really is the business - super card Dianne, I love it.

Hugs
Penni
X

Crystal said...

OOO Dianne love how you did that snowman!!! Cute card!

Paula said...

Oh wow Dianne your Christmas cardis stunning wow i love how you have used your flower soft and the inside is just as stunning. Thankyou for taking part in the Creative Card Crew Challenge.
Paula xxxx

Maria Matter said...

Stunning!!!!
I love this Dianne!
Blessings, Maria

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Wowee! That is one awesome snowman! It must have taken you ages. Your papers, design and details are superb. I adore the way you decorated the inside. So glad you could join us this week at the Creative Card Crew Challenge.
Sharon xx

Rose said...

AWESOME!!! inside and out!! thanks for joining us on paper blooms :0) oh and thanks for the info on the bow easy, i cant make a bow to safe my life so will check it out now :0)

Leah said...

Very fun, very sparkly card! Love it! I love the little charm you added to the bow. Thanks for joining us at Paper Blooms.

Danni said...

What a great card!! Such a cute snowman and I love all the sparkle!!

Beautiful Greetings said...

What a beautiful Christmas card Dianne! I love all of the glitter and the flower soft. Just gorgeous.

Suzanne J Dean said...

I just adore snowman & this one is no exception--he is fabulous!! Love all the flower soft you've used on him--he looks cold & frosty for sure! A really beautiful card Dianne--great job!

hugz,
Suzanne

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

Dianne it's fabulous!!! I love the snowman and all his FS and glitter, he looks so frosty and fun! Really great work!

stampingtink said...

Just simply fabulous! I love the colors, the snowman, how sparkly he is, just everything about it! And the bow is fabulous! I need that bow maker!

Big hugs to you,

Susan

Sandra said...

Gorgeous card.....the snowman is just adorable!

Hugs
Sandy

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Dianne, this card is fabulous! It is so pretty and sparkly. That snowman is just the cutest guy and the flowersoft is very cool!

Donna said...

Wow Dianne what a stunning card! I just want to touch it, I've just got this flowersoft, I hope mine looks as good as yours. Thanks for joining in the CCC Challenge this week. Donna x

Cazzy said...

That looks great! I have bought a tub of that stuff but I haven't gotten to use it yet.

Cazzy x