Thursday, September 3, 2009

MATTHEW and HIS TOYS

Isn't this little boy handsome? Remember I told you there was a little boy in the new Victoria Case Hugs and Hearts Collection #2 for SCACD. Well, meet Matthew.
I have to be honest, I have a difficult time making male cards. I can't use flowers and stickles. (wiping the tears away). Now to the details. Matthew is heat embossed and colored with Copics. His eyes and all the dinosaurs have crystal effects applied to them for shine. The thread on the ribbon was not the right color so I also colored it with Copics. The sentiment "Hi" is stamped with stazon on the gold metal ribbon slider. After going through my stash of embellishments, I came across the two red polka dotted brads and thought that's it - punched two 3/4" circles, inserted the brads and came as close to flowers as I could (hehe).
The sketch for the card is from the Fridays Sketchers . I am also entering this card in the Allsorts Challenge - Just for Boys

The inside is simple, just added a few circles and some stitching.
Thank you for viewing my card. Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think.
Just a reminder SCACD is having a huge 30% off sale on Shimmerez.

17 comments:

Linanna DESIGNS said...

GOOD morning hunny and what a fabulous card you've made here, i love that image and those papers. Great sketch this week at Friday sketchers, will have to have a go at that one! hugs Linda x

Crystal said...

CUTE!! I really like your ribbon treatment!

Christine said...

He looks all boy! Nice card!

Frazzled Crafts said...

What a real boys card, yes you are right difficult making card for the male species but we always manage. Do love the image and the colour combo is great including the brads and circles. Liz x

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Very cute card, Dianne. Matthew is adorable! I love the way you stamped on the ribbon slider. I never would have thought to do that and it worked out great!!

Lisa Foster said...

Super Adorable Dianne! Fantastic LO! WOW! Hugs, Lisa

Danni said...

This is definitly a WOW card!! Wonderful, wonderful job!

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

This is simply an adorable boy card and the inside is just right!! TFS

~Terry

Donnas Den said...

I love this card and Matthew is really cute. You might like my fledgling blog http://cardsformen.blogspot.com I am trying to bring together ideas for making those awkward mens cards.

Donna

Beautiful Greetings said...

Matthew his adorable. I love all the layers and dimension on the front of your card. It all looks so coordinated and cute! Great job, boy cards are really hard and I think any little boy would love this one!

brenda said...

Hi Dianne

Matthew certainly is a lovly lad and your whole card really has a feel of fun with all those yummy DP's.

Thank for for joining us at Allsorts this week.

B x

Jules said...

Hi Dianne

A lovely card using a lovely little chappie.

Great papers and fantastic stitching.

I love cards that are decorated inside and out - but never get chance to do this myself. It takes me all my time to do the front!!

Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week.

Love Jules xx

Gro said...

Great card.
thanks for joining us at Allsorts.

Wendy Hall said...

How cute Dianne!! Your colors are splendid!!

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good afternoon Diane, wow what a stunning card and im loving this adorable images. Lovely papers too! hope youve had a good day, hugs Linda x

Cardmaking Galore said...

lovely card & great colouring

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Fantastic boys card love the colour combo

thanks for playing at Allsorts

Emma xxx