Friday, August 28, 2009

SWEET SUSY




This is another new release from Victoria Case "Hearts and Hugs Collections #2" exclusively for SCACD. Everytime I ink one of the images I think this is my favorite, but they are all so cute I don't know which is my favorite. I can say this, these stamps are etched wonderfully, they are so easy to stamp and get all the detail the first time. Now, on to Susy (isn't she sweet). This card can be used for various occasions. I decided I would give it to one of my granddaughters with a Build a Bear gift card in the inside pocket.

I used the sketch from Sketch Saturday. I am also entering this card in the following challenges.


Whimsy Stamps Challenge - Touch of Sparkle

One Stop Craft Challenge - Something cuddly


Susy is stamped, heat embossed and colored with Copics. The DP was part of my stash. The white background was run through my Cuttlebug and then I put ribbon on top of it. The flowers have a little shimmerez on them just to give them a little shine and finished off with spacers and pearl brads. The charm says "made for an angel". Crystal Effects was used on Susy's eyes so they would shine. Of course, stickles was added to her ponytail holders, top, the hearts on her pants and her shoes. It is so hard to get a good pic to show the stickles without it being overpowering.

The charm says "made for an angel" on one side and the other side is an angel.


I did the same thing on the inside with the white accents and added ribbon and rhinestones. There is a double pocket on bottom.

Thank you for stopping by and taking a look. If you have time, please leave me a comment.

Don't forget to sign up for my blog candy.

BE SURE AND CHECK OUT THE NEW COLLECTION OVER AT SUSANA"S STORE.

21 comments:

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Dianne. Love the cute image you've used and the fab colouring also. Hugs Michele x

Christine said...

Your granddaughter will love it! She is just the sweetest!

Penni said...

Super card. I love the pinks and reds you've used.

Hugs
Penni
X

Frazzled Crafts said...

Do love your card Diane, the image is perfect and the paper combo superb including the little charm, must admit I do like the image! Liz x

Beautiful Greetings said...

This is beautiful Dianne. I love the way you colored Susy. The highlights you added look wonderful. All of your VC cards have been outstanding, I can't pick a favorite.

Happy Crafter said...

Wow this is absolutley stunning Dianne i love it and the inside is gorgeous too:)
Hugzz Val xxx

Janiel/ janny said...

What a very cute card!!! VC has done it again with this one!!! I love her work..
hugs, janny

Ria Zonnestraaltje said...

Beautifull card :) thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday :)

hugs Ria

Lisa Foster said...

This is AMAZING!!! Well, actually everything you make is! I love the Shimmerz on the flowers...such a sweet and fun detail! Have a GREAT weekend! Hugs, Lisa

Suzanne J Dean said...

Super Cute Dianne! She's just lovely, great embellies & layout as well & gorgeous inside!

hugz,
Suzanne

LOUISE said...

Stunning card Dianne, love it! Love the VC image, and the colours are fab. Love the stitching. Many thanks for joining us again on Creative Inspirations Challenge. Louise x

Aud said...

Oh, yes, Susy is sweet! And your card is wonderful! Stunning!♥♥♥
Love all the details, and that you decorated the inside too!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,
Aud

Faye said...

Beautiful card. Love the stamp.

TuKara said...

Belle carte! Love your card!

Susana M said...

Hey Dianne,
Just a stunner of a card :o) Your color combos and details (inside as well) just make this Fab art!!!
Hearts and Hugs
Susana

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

Another super cute card! Love the sweet image and the way she sparkles :) Thanks for playing at Whimsy!

Janna :)

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Hey Dianne, this is just the cutest card. What a sweet image and I love how you paired it up with the pink DSP and the dotted swiss! I really love it.

Congrats on making Card of the Week!!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Just gorgeous Dianne! Inside and Out! Love the sweet image and all the sparkle! Thanks for joining in at Whimsy! :)

Juls said...

gorgeous!! Love the fab colour combo! your colouring is amazing! Love the embossed detail and the stitching!!fab,fab card!!

Tracy said...

Hi Dianne stunning card,beautiful image,stitching and so cute charm.
Thanks for joining in with us all over at Creative Inspirations.
hugs
Tracy
xxx

jude said...

Hiya Dianne ,
This is stunning love your layout the colours youve used great detail.Thanks for playing along with us at creative inspirations.
Good luck hugs judex