Tuesday, August 18, 2009

TRY IT OUT TUESDAY #32 - BACK TO SCHOOL

I am so excited. This is my first post for the TIOT for Susana's Custom Art & Card Design Store. This weeks challenge was to create a Back to School gift for either a teacher or student. I decided on making a teacher gift. I used Rebecka, she's one of Anki's Sweetheart Series 2. This stamp line is exclusive to Susana's Custom Art & Card Design. She was perfect for the project. She is stamp, heat embossed and colored with Copcis. I used a spica glitter pen on her stick, crystal effects on the chalkboard ,her headband and the red hat. I also glossed the worm and leaves on the apple. I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Creative Inspirations Wednesday - Gift

Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Anything but a Card

Lili of the Valley - So Charming

Forever Friends - Anything but a Card



I have a couple of friends who are teachers and they have to buy their own supplies so I made a gift basket with pencils, paper clips, glue sticks, erasers, ruler, and a bookmark. I made a double pocket for the ruler and bookmark.




Thank you for taking the time to visit and take a look. Please let me know what you think.

12 comments:

Penni said...

Wow what a fabulous project!!

Hugs
Penni
X

Annelie said...

What a great idea!! I´ve got a cousin who is graduating and will be a teacher this x-mas. Something like this would be great fun to make for her, thanks for the tip!
Greetings from Annelie in Sweden

Christine said...

Perfect for any teacher!

Joy said...

What a fabulous idea, it is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week.

Joy xx

Chrissy's Creations said...

What a cute idea! Love it!

Edith said...

What a great idea, Dianne! I love your project, very creative. It is a wonderful gift!

Unknown said...

Great set Dianne! Any teacher would love it!

csroyal said...

Really cool, Dianne!!!

Carolyn Bounds said...

What an awesome gift!!! You are going to create many, many smiles with this beauty:o)

Hugs!
Carolyn

Suzanne J Dean said...

What a wonderful teacher gift & so pretty too--Rebeckah is just perfect for this set! Fabulous job!

hugz,
Suzanne

Leanne said...

This is gorgeous!!

Thank you for entering my Gorjuss Girls blog candy - good luck!!

Hugs
Leanne
xx

paperscissors said...

school starts tomorrow and i am a teaching assistant for students with developemental disablitlies and who are also medically fragile and a gift like this would sure put a smile on the faces of my classroom team members. love the colours and the practicality.