Sunday, August 9, 2009

TEA FOR TWO

I am doing the happy dance. I received some new stamps this week and they are so cute. This is one of them. It is called "Tea for Two" and it is from the Hearts and Hugs collection by Victoria Case for SCACD . Susana's Custom Art and Card Design is only 1 of 4 dealers to carry the new Elisabeth Bell stamps. I am entering this card in the Papertake Weekly Challenge , Whimsy Stamps Challenge, Everybody Art Challenge , and The Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge.


I stitched a leaf pattern on the side edges to add a different look. The image is stamped and heat embossed. It is colored with Copics. I added shimmerez to the flower and her dress. The leaves, the body of the butterfly, the tea cups and saucer, and her shoes are glossed with Crystal Effects. Of course, stickles is added to the flowers, butterfly wings, and flowers on her hat. I used a Spica glittler pen on her bracelet. I added glass gemstones and CTMH ribbon.


The image is cute without doing any layering, but I did cut out and pop up the flower and butterfly once to give it more dimension.


On the inside of the card I cut out part of the flower an butterfly and popped it up. The flower has shimmerez on it for a little shine and I added flower soft on the inside of the flower for the butterfly to sit on. The butterfly body is also glossed and I added wire for the antennas. The picture really doesn't capture how cut it is.



This is the inside of the card. The DP has lots of sparkle to it.

Thank you for taking the time to view my card. Please comment and let me know what you think.

NOTE: I will be having blog candy to give away to celebrate Labor Day so be sure and check back.

13 comments:

Lilacanglia said...

Oh My Giddy Aunt,
This is BEAUTIFUL,
so much detail, love the colours,
Hugs
Angie

Tracey said...

Stunning card, love all the details :-)

Hugs
Tracey
x

Payne Holler Cards said...

oh wow - this is so cute! you have a lot of time in this card but it was so worth it....

Edith said...

Vibrant colors on your card, Dianne! I love all the details:)

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Super duper cute! Love the adorable image and the 3d effects. Way to go with the challenges too. Thanks for playing at Whimsy! :)

Lynne in NI said...

Sooooo cute! Love your bright colours - bet its even nicer in real life with all the sparkle!

Iris said...

Oh Dianne, your card is really cute, love the image and the bright colours.

Thanks for joining in our challenge.

Hugs
Iris
EAC-Team

Dawny P said...

This is just gorgeous - I love the image and those colours :) A fabulous card chick. Thank you for joining us over at PTW. Hugs, Dawny xxxx

Tracy said...

Gorgeous card and oh sooo cute.
hugs
Tracy
XXX

Susana M said...

Hi Dianne
This is a stunner of a card love the colors and dimension :o) Sent you some love in an email!!!
Hearts and Hugs
Susana

Christine said...

Yes, You will be needing more flower soft! :D
Chris ^j^

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Wow, gorgeous card, Dianne. I love that image - so sweet and you did a beautiful job coloring it and popping up certain things. Nice job too with the Crystal Effects.

Hugs,
Linda

Happy Crafter said...

Wow another stunning card Dianne just beautiful :)
Hugzz Val xxx